Preparing for a Winter Storm
Are you ready for a severe winter storm? It’s important to know how to keep your family, home and self safe with winter storm season approaching. Here are a list of things to do:
- Stock your food pantry with non-perishable items in case you lose power.
- Buy bottled water in case your pipes freeze and you have no access to tap water.
- Fill your prescriptions and pick up hygiene items
- Build an emergency kit include items such as first aid items, flashlights, batteries, a fire extinguisher, matches, candles, cash, travelers’ checks, important family documents blankets and sleeping bags.
- Stock up on ice melt and check your tools
- Prepare for a power blackout.
- Make an emergency communication plan with family
- Protect your water pipes
- Seal your windows and doors
- Check or install new smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Prepare your yard
- Ready your car
- Stay informed
- Be careful