Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When your North Rensselaer / South Washington County home has water damage from flooding or leaks you need a pro.
SERVPRO of North Rensselaer / South Washington Counties is here to help. We're available and experienced to have your home or business back to normal quickly and correctly. Our highly trained water removal technicians know how to manage new and older home in North Rensselaer / South Washington Counties. The water removal and water cleanup process is completed over a few days depending on how much water and the materials involved.
We will document the whole drying process for your insurance company. This validates that your upstate NY property has been dried properly and thoroughly.
We put together a list of tips to follow if you find yourself on the receiving end of water damage.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (518) 677-3444
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.